APM Rotation Program
Indeed’s APM Rotation Program transforms aspiring product managers into the leaders who will build the future of the hiring industry, and beyond.
Through direct mentorship, high-impact projects, exposure to global markets, and hands-on learning with product leaders and cross-functional partners, you’ll learn how to create global impact for millions of users around the world.
More about the program
We built the APM Rotation Program to invest in aspiring product leaders who are ready to solve challenges in the global job market using technology—product leaders who want to help people get jobs, and to help employers find the right talent for their companies.
At Indeed, Product Management is about more than just getting stuff done. APMs drive impact and inspire loyalty throughout the company. You’ll be an entrepreneur from day one, reimagining existing products and inventing new ones to meet our users’ ever-changing needs.
Think about your experience applying to jobs. Consider all the joys and frustrations that come with that journey. Now imagine if your job was to build products and experiences that empower and enable jobseekers and hiring teams all over the world!
In the APM Rotation Program, you’ll have:
- Ownership and visibility — Right from the start, you’ll lead a high-profile product with visibility to senior product leaders and executives. We’ll place you on products across the company, so you and your cohort will gain insight into Indeed’s product organization.
- Managers, mentors and peers — During your product rotations, you’ll work with a manager with a passion for developing new product leaders, develop valuable relationships with mentors and learn as much from your peers in the program as they’ll learn from you.
- Cohort learning — You and your cohort will explore product philosophies with subject-matter experts and hone fundamental skills. You’ll explore other parts of the business through partnerships with various teams at Indeed. And, together, you’ll travel the world to engage directly with global users.
Timeline of the program
Posts by participants
We seek recent college grads eager to solve problems using technology on a global scale, no matter your academic focus. If you’re always looking for better ways of doing things, love collaborating with others to achieve a shared goal, and can lead projects with roll-up-your-sleeves humility, we want you to apply. We only hire a select 5-10 APMs per cohort, and each one makes our community and company stronger.
Read more about the role in our job description.
As an APM, you’ll spend your first three months in our onboarding program for recent grads: Indeed University. There, you’ll prototype, build and pitch new product ideas. Next, you’ll be immersed in product onboarding week, gaining exposure to our product philosophy and all areas of our business. Then you’ll spend one year in Austin, Texas during your First Product Rotation.
After that, you’ll embark on a Global Market Discovery Trip to markets around the world with your cohort. Finally, you’ll lead a high-profile product during your Second Product Rotation, either in Austin or another global tech office.
Your day-to-day depends on several factors, including the stage of development your product is in, the user audience you serve, and the cross-functional teams you partner with. As an Indeed APM, you will:
- Craft simple and meaningful solutions
- Validate ideas by performing experiments and analyzing the results
- Define product goals and metrics
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for the greatest impact
- Communicate well; influence colleagues and executives
- Demonstrate leadership and gain respect across functions and teams
- Collaborate fast and effectively to increase team’s productivity
- Focus on details and quality
Second Rotation: You’ll have an active role in determining which product you’ll manage, and the office you’ll work in, during your second one-year rotation. We’ll encourage you to consider vastly different products from your first rotation; we want you to experience firsthand how much the PM role can differ from product to product.
Product Managers work with other teams to identify problems worth solving, collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and launch products to solve those problems, and evolve the product to better serve users. Product Managers may lead products that are no more than an idea in someone's mind, to products that have been around for 13+ years, and everything in-between.
Our interview process includes three stages and generally takes 3-6 weeks to complete. At this time, we can only consider candidates who will not require visa sponsorship, either now or in the future. Please let us know if you are working with any deadlines, and we will do our best to accommodate.
Applications for the Class of 2023 (APMs who start in July ‘21) will open in November 2020.
Interested? Apply Here!
As an APM at Indeed, you could manage products in any part of the company. Here’s just some of what you might do:
- Build tools that empower Job Seekers to communicate their experiences and abilities to companies they want to work for
- Develop machine learning systems to scale insights and solve problems in matching, search, and recommendations
- Design systems that help employers quickly identify and build relationships with the best candidates for their jobs
- Craft employer-facing ad setup and management tools
- Create tool ecosystems to help Indeed PMs more efficiently capture and analyze critical data from their product and users
- Evolve the Indeed.com homepage to better meet global job seekers’ needs